Are you looking for a single serve coffee maker? We have done extensive research to bring you more information about the Keurig K15.
As always, you can rely on Keurig to deliver the most innovative features and the widest range of brands and flavours of coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
Read on to find out more about the Keurig K15.
The Features of the Keurig K15
“A small and compact single serve coffee maker that brews k-cup pods in multiple sizes, the Keurig K15 brews a rich, smooth and delicious cup every time with the quality you expect from Keurig.”
The features of the Keurig K15 include:
- Multiple cup size options – Choose from 6oz, 8oz and 10oz. Choose a 6oz cup for the strongest taste and so on
- No water tank. This makes the machine lighter and more travel friendly. Simply add the amount of water you want for each cup
- Removable drip tray: This makes cleaning and emptying the drip tray easy. It also means you can fit a larger cup under the spout if you want to
- Hot water option: The hot water option is great to turn an espresso into an Americano
- Available in five fun colours
- Auto turn off mode. The machine automatically switches off after ninety seconds from use which will save you money on your energy if you usually forget to turn your machine off
The following is included with each purchase:
- Your machine
- A user manual
- A standard warranty
Optional extras for this machine include:
- An extended warranty of three or four years for a small additional fee
- Keurig reusable k-cup: This capsule can be used if you wish to use your own freshly ground coffee rather than buy capsules which can run expensive at around 70c per cup
- Keurig storage drawer: This drawer is a great way of storing your capsules out of sight but in easy reach. It also doubles up as a stand for your machine and makes pushing it in and out when using it super easy
How Does the Keurig K15 Work?
It’s really simple to use. All you have to do is:
- Add the water to make your desired size cup
- Add a k-cup
- Select your desired size on the panel
Simple huh? Each cup takes around two minutes to brew as the water has to heat each time you use the machine.
The advantages of this model are:
- The reliability and durability that come with a Keurig product
- The large range of drinks options (over two hundred and fifty varieties from seventy five top brands)
- The option to use your own freshly ground coffee
- The size and design: Perfect for small kitchens
- The price – This model is only a bargain under $80
The disadvantages of this model are:
- The lack of water tank makes making more than one cup at a time a mess around
- It takes around two minutes per cup to brew
- You have to use Keurig branded capsules if you choose not to grind your own coffee
How to Get the Most Out of the Keurig K15
Here are a few tips to make sure you get the most out of your machine and that it lasts as long as possible:
- Read the manual and use only as directed by the manufacturer
- Make sure the machine is cleaned regularly and thoroughly
- Make sure the machine is descaled regularly
- If possible, use filtered water for longer times between descaling and to ensure that the flavour of your drink isn’t impaired
- Use good quality coffee
Although the manufacturer states this machine is only compatible with K-cup pods, actually most pods will fit this machine, so you don’t have to spend a fortune on over priced pods. However, if you use non-recommended pods and there is a problem with the machine, you won’t be covered by your warranty.
Who is The K15 Perfect for?
The Keurig K15 is perfect for anyone who wants good coffee on the go.
If you travel a lot, especially in a caravan or camper van, this machine is for you. The lack of a water tank makes it super light weight and the small, compact design won’t over crowd your available space.
It’s also a good fit for anyone who won’t be using the machine a lot. If you’re a once a week kind of coffee person, then this machine will more than cover your needs without having to spend a fortune. The lack of water tank also means you won’t forget to empty it between uses and end up with a tank full of smelly, stagnant water!
Who Should Avoid the Keurig K15?
Really, this machine is a travel product. It isn’t the ideal choice for an in home coffee maker unless you will only be using it on very rare occasion.
The long brewing time and constant refilling mean it isn’t a machine for a family who want two or three cups a day and multiple cups at a time.
What's the bottom line?
Overall, the Keurig K15 is a great little compact model. If you want a light weight machine to take anywhere with you, this is the one!
Our Rating: 4.5/5
Other recommended reviews: