Update: The Keurig K575 is no longer available and is replaced by a newer ultra stylish model - Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker.
The new Keurig coffee machine, the 2.0, is the latest offering from this brand. With all of the favourite features and a few new tweaks and additions, the 2.0 is taking the market by storm.
We have tried and tested the Keurig K575 and we are ready to share our findings and insights with you so you can judge for yourself whether or not you think the new Keurig 2.0 is for you.
The Keurig K575 Reviewed - What are it's features?
“The ultimate Keurig single serve coffee maker, the Keurig K575 brews a rich, smooth and delicious cup every time with the quality you expect from Keurig.”
Here are some of the brilliant features:
A super large water tank
The Keurig 2.0 has one of the biggest water tanks on any model holding a staggering 80oz water meaning you can brew around ten cups without having to refill the tank.
The tank is removable for when you do need to refill it and also for easier cleaning. The water tank has an inbuilt nightlight too with a choice of several colours so you can make a late night coffee without needing to have an overhead light blaring out.
Lots of size options
The Keurig 2.0 gives you five different cup sizes – 4oz, 6oz, 8oz, 10oz and 12oz. It also introduces the facility to use K-pot capsules which make a full carafe of coffee for when one cup just won’t do! The carafe sizes can be pour at 22oz, 26oz or 30oz.
This machine has five different temperature settings so you can have your drink at just the heat level you like it
You can also choose the strength of your drink with the strength control settings
On demand hot water
Want to make your espresso an Americano? Use the hot water button to fill up any cup size
Removable drip tray
The removable drip tray makes cleaning and emptying it easy
Use the inbuilt clock to programme your machine to switch on and off when you want it to. Ideal for that first cup of coffee when you wake up or return from work
Energy saving mode
The machine will automatically switch off when not in use saving power
Auto carafe settings
If you programme your machine to switch on at a set time, leave a carafe sized pod in and it will auto brew for you
Built in water filter to ensure that there’s no chemicals present in your water which can impair the flavour of your drink
The following is included with the Keurig 2.0:
- The machine
- The user manual
- A standard warranty
- A pack of six K-cup pods for you to start choosing your favourite flavor
- A water filter handle
- Two water filters
- An extended warranty of three or four years for a small additional fee
- Keurig storage drawer: The draw allows you to store your pods in a neat and handy fashion. It holds thirty five k-cups, fifteen k-mugs or 15 k-carafes. It also allows your machine to slide in and out easily if it is stored underneath a cabinet
- Keurig pod carousel: The carousel is a great storage solution if space isn’t a problem. It stands nicely beside your machine leaving your drinks options on display for easier selection. It holds any combination of k-cups, k-mugs and k-carafes and it holds twenty four capsules in total
- Keurig 2.0 “My K-Cup” reusable coffee filter: This handy little device is a reusable capsule which you can fill with your own freshly ground coffee if you prefer to drink your coffee that way. If you already have a reusable Keurig k-cup from your previous model coffee machine, it will be compatible so you don’t need to buy another one.
- The carafe for the k-carafes (although you could technically use any carafe that fits!)
How the K575 machine works
With two hundred and fifty variations spanning seventy five popular brands of coffee, tea and hot chocolate, the Keurig 2.0 is sure to have something to suit every taste.
The drinks brew quickly enough that you can make a round of drinks if everyone wants something different and all still enjoy them together. The spout doesn’t require cleaning between each drink and there is no cross contamination of flavours.
The large screen is a touch screen and is full colour. Programming your settings is easy – just follow the on screen instructions.
The machine is contemporary in design and will look super stylish in your kitchen as well as making delicious drinks that are perfectly matched to your individual tastes.
The Advantages of Choosing a Keurig 2.0
Here are some advantages of choosing the Keurig 2.0 for your next coffee maker:
- More choice settings than ever before mean your drink is truly customisable
- The carafe option! How fab that you can brew a full pot of coffee without having to refill the water tank or change the capsule
- The coffee tastes fantastic
- Not overly expensive
- Easy to use
- Having the choice to use capsules or freshly ground coffee
The Disadvantages of Choosing a Keurig 2.0
Here are some disadvantages of choosing the Keurig 2.0 as your next coffee maker (admittedly, there is only one down side to this and there is a work around):
- Only being able to use Keurig branded capsules if you choose to go with the capsules which can run expensive at around 70c per cup
- The Keurig 2.0, like other models, is recommended to be used only with Keurig branded capsules. Unlike other models, the 2.0 has a sensor built in, which, in theory, prevents you from using other branded capsules.
The work around to this is to buy one Keurig branded pack (or use one of your freebies that are included). Once you’ve used the capsule, cut the label off and pop the part with the code on the reader. Close the lid as though you entered a capsule. The paper will stick to the reader so it will now think any capsule is a Keurig branded one.
Please note: This isn’t recommended by the manufacturer and if you do choose to do this and it causes a problem, you won’t be covered by your warranty.
Top Tips to Get the Most Out of the Keurig 2.0
- Only use as recommended and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- If using your own coffee, grind it freshly as you want to drink it and look for a bean that has been roasted within the last week for the best flavour
- Make sure the machine is cleaned thoroughly and regularly
- Make sure the machine is descaled regularly
- Use the provided filter or use otherwise filtered water to help prevent build up in the tubes and reduce the need for descaling
This machine is ideal for...
This machine is perfect for anyone who appreciates a decent coffee that’s easy to make and with plenty of choice options. The speed at which the machine works, and especially with the k-carafe capsules, this machine is perfect for anyone with a larger family or who regularly entertain as there is no messing about between cups.
This machine is not ideal for...
Really, the only people who won’t love this machine are people who don’t like Keurig capsules.
This machine does everything you would want a coffee maker to do and a bit more besides. It’s the perfect solution to your coffee needs and we highly recommend giving this machine a try!