Well that’s some model name isn’t it! Luckily, the Mr Coffee machine is much easier to use than it is to remember!
We have been trying and testing coffee makers to bring you some impartial advice when you’re trying to decide which machine to buy. Along the way, we tried this Mr Coffee BVMC-CJX31-AM machine.
Retailing at less than $50, this machine is our top pick for the best budget coffee maker. The price might be cheap, but that doesn’t mean the machine is bad which you will see through the article.
The Features of the BVMC-CJX31-AM coffee machine
“The Mr Coffee BVMC-CJX31-AM twelve cup programmable coffee maker features a modern design and is thermal carafe compatible to extend fresh coffee flavour and help retain a hot temperature longer.”
The features of the Mr Coffee machine include:
The following is included with your purchase:
- Mr Coffee machine
- Glass carafe
- Instruction manual
- Water filtration system
- Standard twelve month warranty
The following optional extras are also available:
- An extended warranty for three or four years for a small additional fee.
- Mr Coffee thermal stainless steel decanter DRD95 if you prefer a thermal carafe.
- Mr Coffee GTF2-1 basket style gold tone permanent filter (this is a reusable filter that stops the need for paper filters. It retails for around $6 and if you don’t mind having to wash it between uses, it can save you a lot of money in the long run compared to buying paper filters.
How well does this machine work?
We were pleasantly surprised to discover that this machine works as well as any other model on the market.
People say you get what you pay for. When we stopped to compare the list of features on this machine with the features on more expensive machines, it makes us wonder if that’s true. Are you paying more for things because you expect that cheaper products won’t work as well? If that’s the case, then you can relax. This machine works as well as any of the others we tested.
The coffee tastes good. It’s consistently hot but not enough to leave a burnt taste. You can really taste the difference between a standard cup and a bold cup.
Top Tips to Get the Most Out of the Mr Coffee Machine
Here are a few things we picked up along the way to ensure you get the most out of your machine
- Only use as directed by the manufacturer
- Ensure you are cleaning your machine regularly and thoroughly
- Ensure you descale the machine regularly
- Use good quality coffee
- Use freshly ground coffee
- Make sure you are changing the water filter regularly
- Run a couple of cycles through before brewing your first pot. There is a plastic smell on these first few runs, but once the machine is primed, this goes away
This machine is suitable for..
This machine is ideal for anyone who wants all the bells and whistles without the huge price tag.
This machine is not suitable for..
Anyone who wants a machine that looks super stylish should perhaps steer away from this machine. It’s not awful, but there are better looking machines out there.
Also, it’s not a good choice for anyone who doesn’t want to use filtered water.
What's the Bottom Line?
Overall, you can now see why we chose the Mr Coffee machine as out best budget buy. The machine does as much as any other machine out there (more than a lot of them) for a fraction of the cost.
As you will have seen, we struggled to come up with any disadvantages of this machine. We would definitely recommend this machine to anyone looking for a new coffee maker without breaking the bank!