If you have been looking at getting an espresso maker, by now you might have realised that some of these machines are expensive. Like really expensive. Some of them are upwards of $2000!
Here’s the good news:
The Inissia is a budget model. And it performs as well as some of its much more expensive counterparts, which is why, after a lot of research and testing, we have chosen the Inissia as our best budget capsule espresso machine!
Read on to find out more about:
- The features of the Inissia
- The advantages of the Inissia compared to other models out there
- The disadvantages of the Inissia compared to other models out there
So, What Makes the Inissia Great?
What they say:
“With a tony footprint, compact, lightweight and equipped with an ergonomic handle, the Nespresso Inissia is a smart little coffee machine to make your life easier.”
What we say:
The Inissia is indeed a compact and lightweight machine, which is great news for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of room going spare on their kitchen counter tops. If you want a neat little machine, this is for you.
Features of the Inissia
This nifty little machine had some pretty impressive features:
- Fast: The Inissia is a fast machine. It takes only twenty five seconds for the water in the tank to heat to the optimal temperature. And once it does, there’s no stopping it. After that twenty five seconds (assuming your water tank was full) you can make up to nine coffees without having to wait for the water to heat again and without having to refill the water tank. This will save you so much time if you tend to make coffees in rounds for guests etc.
- Choice of cup size: You can choose from a standard espresso size, which is a small shot of coffee, or you can opt for the larger lungo size.
- Nineteen bars of pressure: The patented extraction system operates on an impressive nineteen bars of pressure. This means your coffee will be consistent, poured quickly and have the maximum flavour.
- Energy saving! How many times have you made a coffee and forgotten to switch off the machine afterwards? I know I have done this countless times. This wastes energy which is bad for both the environment, and your pocket.
- The Inissia has an automatic cut off when in energy saving mode, which means if you forget to turn it off, it shuts down automatically after nine minutes without use. Not only does this budget model save you money when you buy it, it goes on saving you money over time too!
- Large drip tray: This model has a good sized drip tray so it can accommodate a larger cup. The drip tray folds down automatically when your cup is removed to catch any pesky drips.
Video: Nespresso Inissia Review
Here is a 3-minutes video review. Do check it out.
What Do You Get for Your Money?
Obviously, you get a Nespresso Inissia machine! There’s also some bonus extras too:
- Instruction booklet
- Information booklet
- A welcome pack which contains 16 Nespresso Grands Crus capsules – This is a great way to try the different coffee types available and choose your favourite so you know which ones to buy!
- The option to join the Nespresso Club. By joining this club, you get the chance to order your coffee direct through Nespresso. By doing this, you will be given personalised advice and technical support. As well as the standard twelve month warranty, Nespresso gives you the chance to purchase an extended warranty for a really good price.
- Three or four years extended warranty at a small additional price.
Nespresso is also committed to sustainability, and their incentive, The Positive Cup, means that by using their products, you know you are supporting an environmentally aware company.
The Advantages of Choosing an Inissia Machine
We really liked this machine. Here are some of the reasons why:
The Disadvantages of Choosing an Inissia Machine
Of course, there are some bad points – nothing is perfect right!
Top Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Machine
- Always follow the directions. Check the instruction manual prior to use
- If you do have a problem with the machine, before going through the extensive trouble shooting steps, try a factory reset, which is simple to do (step by step instructions are in the instruction manual) and usually solves any issues
- For best results, use only Nespresso coffee capsules from a reputable dealer
- When inserting your capsule, make sure it is firmly in the correct place before pulling down the handle or the capsule will get crushed and ruined
- Ensure you are cleaning your machine regularly and efficiently
- Ensure you descale the machine regularly as per the manufacturer’s instructions
As you can see, the Nespresso Inissia really is a good buy. It is much cheaper than similar models, and does the same, if not more, than they do.
This machine is definitely worth the money, and it’s made by a recognised brand so you know cheap doesn’t mean dodgy.
This machine is a good all rounder, and such a bargain. This is why we named it our top pick for the best budget capsule espresso machine.
We don’t think you will find a better machine in this price bracket – if you do, buy it!