By continuing to use our site or services, you are confirming that you agree to the use and storage of your personal data as defined in this policy.
For the rest of this document, the following definitions apply:
You/Data Subject/User – The person whose data we are processing and or/storing
We/Us – The company who own the website, DrippedCoffee.com
Child – Anyone under the age of eighteen years
Personal Data – Refers to any data which can be used to identify a person, for example, name, email address etc.
Processing – Refers to any action or group of actions that are performed on personal data for the sake of storage or providing a service to the user.
DrippedCoffee.com will always strive to ensure we act within the law when processing and/or storing data and we promise to always adhere to the following:
- We will always process your data within the law and consider your rights before processing any personal data.
- We will only process your data in the way(s) in which you have consented to us doing
- We will only ever gather/store the personal data which we need and you will not be asked to provide personal data that’s irrelevant to the service you require
- We will never process or store your data for longer than is necessary
- We will always ensure your confidentiality is our top priority and we will never pass your personal data on to a third party without your express, written consent
- We will always ensure your personal data is accurate and stored safely
- We will be happy to provide you with full details of what personal data of yours we store and amend or delete your data as requested. Contact us at dennies [at] drippedcoffee [dot] com to request your personal data or to delete or amend it within our records. More information on this process can be found below
Your Rights Regarding Your Data
As a user of our site and/or services, you have certain rights pertaining to your data and how we process it:
- Your right to access information – You have the right to know exactly what data we hold on you, where it was obtained from and how and why it is processed. You can request this information using the email address above. You have the right to request this data be obtained in a machine readable format where this is feasible.
- Your right to amend your data – You have the right to request that incorrect data held about you be rectified within a timely manner. You can request this using the email address above.
- Your right to withdraw consent for processing your personal data and/or removal of your personal data – You have the right to withdraw your consent for your personal data to be processed at any time. You also have the right for such personal data to be removed from our processing and storage systems. Please note that by doing so, some or all of our website/services may no longer be available to you, for example, members only access areas, forums etc. You can request your data to be deleted by contacting us on the email address above.
- Your right to restrict or object to your data being processed – You have the right to restrict the use of your data, for example, if you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us. To do so, simply click unsubscribe in any of the emails. Please note that by doing so, you will no longer receive communications from us and you may miss out on special offers that are only for our subscribers.
- Your right to object to automated processing – You have the right to withdraw your personal data from any automated profiling where the result of such directly affects you as a user. To opt out of such profiling, email us on the email address above.
- Your right to file a complaint with us and escalate it – You have the right to file a complaint with us in the event that any requests regarding your personal data are unfulfilled. You will be given a full explanation for why your request hasn’t been completed. You can file this complaint using the email address above. In the case that you are still unsatisfied by the outcome of the exchange, you have a right to file a formal complaint with the ICO or seek independent legal advice.
The Personal Data We Gather
Below you will find details of all of the information we may gather about you, how and why we use it and how it is stored.
Information you have provided to us – This can include information such as your name, address, email address etc. It is the data you provide us with in order to make use of our services, for example, a delivery address if you have purchased a product from us. We also save personal data to enhance your experience on our site and for your convenience, for example, when commenting on one of our blog posts, your name and email address will be stored to make other comments quicker and easier for you to complete. We will never use this information for any other purposes without your express, written consent.
Information that is automatically collected – This information is things such as your IP address etc. that is collected through cookies when you browse our site. You will find more information on this in our cookies section.
Information from our partners – We may, on occasion, collect data from trusted partners. This data will only be accepted by us if the partner has legal grounds to share it and has your express, written consent for sharing information with third parties.
Publicly available information – We may collect publicly available information about you.
Technical data we collect – When you visit our website, we may collect the following information to ensure that your experience is the best it can be: IP address, browser type and version, operating system and platform, the URLs you clicked through from and to our website.
Information for commenting – If you choose to leave a comment on our website, we may collect the following information: your login details, IP address and browser user string. This information is collected to help to identify spam bot comments and it will not be stored or used for any other purpose.
Information from media uploads – If you choose to upload images to the website, ensure they aren’t geo tagged as this information will be publicly available on the website.
Information provided through contact forms – Information you provide through our contact forms may be used to contact you to discuss the original reason you contacted us. This information won’t be stored or used for any other purpose without your express, written permission to do so.
Third Party Information Gathered
Information for Gravatar comments - In some instances, we may also send a hash to the Gravatar service. This is to check if you use the service – if you don’t, your information won’t be used. If you do, this enables Gravatar to display your profile picture and information in line with the permissions you have granted them. Once approved by us and made visible, your comment will then display your Gravatar information.
Content from other sites – We may on occasion share embedded content from other sites (for example, video content) and we might provide links to external sites. These sites are not within our control nor are we responsible for how they choose to manage your personal data. To find out more about this, check the privacy policies of the individual sites.
Data Collected Through Advertising
We use Google AdSense and various affiliate schemes, including but not limited to Amazon affiliates, to provide third party advertising services. Below you find more details about how this affects you and your personal data.
Users can set their preferences for how this data is collected and used/stored and/or to opt out of this processing of data altogether by visiting the Google Ad settings page. Please note that by doing so, you might find that some of our website is unavailable to you.
DrippedCoffee.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Third Party Affiliate Ads
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only ever use your personal data in ways which you have provided express written consent for us to do so, plus to provide an effective service to you. This can include:
- Ensuring the use of our website at full functionality
- Providing you with information and/or products and services that you have purchased or requested
- Improving customer services and satisfaction
- Improving our website to make it a better user experience
- Improving our website’s security
- Personalising your experience on our website ensuring that content relevant to your interests is displayed first
Where you have granted permission for us to do so, we may use your email address to send you the following:
- Notices of new blog posts/comments being published
- Marketing communications regarding our products and services
- Marketing communications regarding third party products and services
- Any other purposes you have consented to
We may also on occasion use your personal data to contact your directly in certain circumstances (for example if you have made a complaint or asked a personal question via email etc.).
Third Party Access to Your Data
We will never sell your personal data. We will never share your personal data with anyone outside of our trusted circle of associates and then it will only be with your express, written consent if it is to be used for marketing purposes. Exceptions to this include:
- Services such as PayPal where you use the service to pay for goods
- Third party suppliers where you request that service (for example, if we were to run an Amazon voucher giveaway, your email address would be provided to Amazon in order for your prize to be delivered)
- Third party apps where you choose to take part in what they are offering (for example, InLinkz for blog hops, Rafflecopter and Gleam for giveaways etc.)
- Legal reasons – we may be required by law to hand over personal data relating to a person or person(s) in regard to an ongoing investigation. In that instance, once we given a warrant to request such information, we will comply with any and all legal requests
We may share non-personal data about you with certain other third parties in the interest of tracking our website’s users so we can build up a picture of our audience as a whole. All of this data will be totally anonymous and you won’t be able to be identified from this, nor will you be contacted regarding it.
These third parties include:
- Google Analytics
- Google AdSense
- Amazon Affiliates
- Other third party affiliates
Details on how to opt out of this kind of data sharing can be found in our cookies section, although please note that by opting out of certain cookies, some or all of our website may be unavailable to you and/or may not function as intended.
How We Keep Your Data Safe
We will always endeavour to keep your personal data safe and secure. We use encryption software to ensure that all data is stored anonymously and we ensure we have a secure connection. Our system is routinely monitored for potential security threats and any which are identified are resolved as a top priority.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for information that is breached before it is stored in our system. It is your responsibility to ensure that your own connection and browser is safe and protected before entering any personal data in our website.
While we do our best to ensure the security of our website at all times, in the unlikely event of a data breach, we will report this to the relevant authorities and in the case of your personal data being breached, we will inform you at the earliest possible time.
If you have an account with us, it is your responsibility to keep your username and password confidential and if you choose to share it with anyone, we cannot accept responsibility for anything that happens to your data in those circumstances.
Children and Their Data
Our website is aimed at an audience of eighteen plus. We will never knowingly collect data from children and we recommend that parents keep a close eye on their children’s browsing history and ensure that they are not sharing their personal data with third parties.
In the event that you discover that a child has provided us with personal data, please contact us at dennies [at] drippedcoffee [dot] com and the information will be removed from our processes immediately.
Cookie and Technology Policy
- To ensure the website displays and runs correctly
- To track user’s movements across our site
- To identify the sites users come from and go to around their visit to us
- Analyse behaviour (for example, to see at what point the majority of users click away from a page)
- Collect information
We use this information to make sure your experience on our website is the best it can be. Only the website administrator (i.e. us) has access to these cookies.
You can choose to turn off some or all cookies through your browser’s settings page, but please note that if you choose to do so, some or all of our website may not function as intended and you may find that some or all of it is unavailable to you.
Through your browser settings, you can also choose to be notified every time a cookie is being sent to your computer and choose how to deal with it on an individual basis. You can delete cookies from your browser at any time. Please note that if you choose to do this, you may need to re-login to our site and any template data you chose to save may be lost.
When you first land on our website, you will be sent a temporary cookie. This cookie is to test whether or not your browser allows cookies. Regardless of the findings, the cookie won’t gather any data and it won’t be stored on your computer. It will be deleted once you close the browser.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Essential Cookies – These cookies are essential cookies that make our website work correctly. They allow you to login to leave comments and access your account etc. These cookies don’t collect or store any data about you.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies are used to personalise your experience on our website and tailor our content to you based on your past visits. They may also store information such as your name etc. to make leaving comments quicker and easier as the boxes will autofill for you. These cookies will store this information for one year unless you choose to delete them from your browser in the meantime.
- Analytical Cookies – These cookies don’t gather any personally identifiable data, they merely count you as a user and track the use and performance of the website. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. To opt out of these cookies, see the details above where we talk about third party access to your data.
- Advertising Cookies – These cookies are provided by third party advertising services (for example, Google AdSense). They are used to tailor advertising content to your interests and they monitor how often you are shown a particular ad to ensure you aren’t bombarded with the same ad every time you visit a website. You can disable them by going to the provider’s website and following their instructions.
Changes and Amendments
By continuing to use this website, you are confirming that you have read and understood this policy.
If you have any questions regarding this policy or your personal data, you can contact us anytime at dennies [at] drippedcoffee [dot] com.
Last updated: May 24, 2018